New Year, New You

cold-weather

Once again, it is the time of year that we focus on Christmas shopping, presents and parties. We don our Christmas jumpers, look forward to celebrating Christmas dinner with our families, and secretly (or not so secretly) dream of snow to give us the perfect white Christmas. But once the festivities are over, our attention quickly shifts to the New Year and the customary resolutions that go with it. For many of us, our health is a key focus for our New Year’s resolutions – and that often includes getting on top of our dental health. So what can you do to help get your teeth off to the right start for 2017? Here are some top tips.

Eat Right

Eating right is a priority for many after what is typically a season of overindulgence. But choosing the right diet will do more than just help your waistline – it will also help to keep your teeth healthy and strong. Recommendations include avoiding sugary snacks and fizzy drinks, due to the huge sugar content of many of the most popular products, as well as other ingredients such as phosphoric and citric acid which are destructive to teeth. If being active is on your list of priorities for the New Year, think carefully about any energy or sports drinks you choose to consume, and opt for low sugar or sugar free if possible.

It is also good to avoid consuming too many starchy foods such as potatoes and bread, which tend to leave significant amounts of residue trapped between your teeth, harbouring bacteria and promoting acid build up. Sadly, that’s goodbye to the chip butty for lunch then…

Brush Right

You may brush your teeth faithfully every day, but are you doing it right? Make it your New Year’s resolution to brush right and give your teeth the best chance to stay healthy. In order to get the maximum benefit from brushing, it is important to brush twice a day for at least two minutes, once before bed to avoid overnight acid build up and once more at another time of day. Choose a fluoride toothpaste for maximum effectiveness, and make sure you cover every surface of the teeth. Supplementing your brushing with floss or interdental brushes can also help to get into any gaps between your teeth.

Did you know…

  • Up to a quarter of adults fail to brush their teeth twice a day – increasing their risk of tooth decay by 33%
  • Up to 10% of adults regularly forget to brush their teeth
  • More than 75% of adults have never flossed

Visit the Dentist

If you are serious about keeping on top of your oral health in 2017, then getting into the habit of visiting your dentist regularly should be high on your list of priorities. Whether you have been avoiding the dentist completely or simply aren’t too good at keeping your appointments, there are many good reasons why you should change this bad habit. As well as helping to keep your teeth and gums healthy, regular visits are the best way to detect mouth cancer early.

To make it even easier for you to start the New Year the way you mean to go on, Perfect Profiles are offering FREE consultations this festive season, to help you find out exactly what options they have regarding treatment completely free of charge or obligation.

Did you know…

  • Over 60% of the population now visit the dentist regularly, a significant increase compared to past decades. But that still leaves almost 40% without a regular appointment…
  • Over 30% of adults have tooth decay
  • 66% of adults have visible plaque
  • Almost half the population are unhappy with their teeth, the most common reason being discolouration.
  • Mouth cancer is one of the fastest growing cancers

At Perfect Profiles, we can help you to get your smile into tip-top shape for 2017, with a wide range of top quality treatments at some of the most competitive prices available. Our award winning clinics combine the latest technology with top class dental experts to offer you a service like no other.

If your resolution for 2017 is to get your perfect smile, don’t wait – get in touch with a member of the team now to book your FREE Consultation. Call us on Luton 01582 518100, Wolverhampton 01902 500823 or contact us online for a quick response.

Source for facts and figures: http://www.nationalsmilemonth.org/facts-figures/

INPLANT MANUFACTURERS
OFFICIAL SPONSORS OF
AS FEATURED IN
BACK TO TOP